Saturday, September 6, 2008

Brown baby

The other day we were walking through the baby stuff at the store and out of nowhere Taya says, "I think this baby can be a brown baby, huh mom." I about died laughing and of course replied with a "yes." So that evening we were sitting outside with Tara, Malissa and Randi and Taya had put on a jacket that doesn't fit anymore. I told her that after we find out we're having a boy, that she should give the jacket to Micah. Taya then replied, "I'm giving my stuff to the brown baby." Once again I was just laughing. So the next evening I was on Old Navy.com looking at clothes for her and there was a cute picture of a little black girl. My hysterical little Taya says, " are you trying to find a brown baby?" I mean how funny is that? She thinks that we just pick out the one that we want and that's what we'll get. If only we could pick... I would have some perfect children as far as attitudes go.

3 comments:

Randi said...

Taya is so cute! I love the brown baby thing!

Crazy Lady said...

That is such a great story. Does she think you ordered her the same way? Maybe she thinks that because you are all so gorgeous you all look like you jumped out of a magazine?

Melissa O said...

That is funny. When I was a kid my cousin (who is part indian) had a baby, and I asked my mom why they got brown babies and we got white.